OCPP compliant EV charger software developed and supported in Australia
Intelligent, integrated & connected. UpCharge.
If you've been researching EV charging, you'll have noticed the term 'OCPP'.
This stands for Open Charge Point Protocol; it's a way of connecting all charging locations on the EVUp network to a central management system so we can access a range of information, such as session times, carbon offsets and revenue.
EVUp's UpCharge software allows us to view our rapidly-growing entire network on one screen, helps us identify charging blackspots and helps us advise our corporate and government partners when their charging should be scaled up.
UpCharge also provides an EV charging portal for our venue operators, so they can view current sessions, download historical records, track payments and forecast energy usage.
EVUp's UpCharge software has been developed by our in-house team, right here in Victoria.
Why is software so important for EV charging?
As BEVs & PHEVs move into common use in Australia & New Zealand, we’re working with businesses, organisations & venue owners to plan & install strategic EV charging locations that will meet the growing demand for reliable, Australian-made EV charging units.
UpCharge supports this rollout in a number of ways.
EV driver journey: UpCharge helps EV drivers find their nearest public charge point, start/stop charging and pay for power using a contactless, anonymous billing gateway.
Site owner journey: UpCharge assists site owners to track charging usage, historical data, revenue and reimbursement in one simple online portal.
Contactless and anonymous billing gateways
You don't have to hand over your personal details when buying petrol, so why should you have to when buying electrons?
Based on overseas trends, we believe easy & universal methods of payment will become mainstream, rather than smartphone apps that require log ins.
By this, we mean Paypass (tap ‘n go) using a credit or debit card, Apple or Android Pay, guest log in via a QR code to a web app or logon via Facebook or Gmail.
If you wish to monetise your EV charging unit, the EVUp team have developed a simple paypass unit using world-leading hardware that is supported by UpCharge. This system is familiar and popular amongst EV drivers, and provides a frictionless payment gateway for up to 4 ports suitable for card or smartphone payments.
Public EV charging with in-built resilience
Like conventional vehicles, EV drivers rely heavily on their electric cars to get to the places they work, play and stay. Therefore, reliability and resilience is vital to fully supporting the EVUp EV charging network.
We've designed and built our EVUp charging software, UpCharge, from the ground up to enable:
- Mature software development life cycle – ensures only fully tested and operational software is ever deployed
- ITIL aligned processes and procedures – ensures any identified issues are attended to and (importantly) resolved in a timely fashion
- Active-active site resilience – Our servers are hosted at two data centres such that if there’s an issue at one site drivers can still charge their electric car.
- Expert EV support staff – local-over-the-phone support for site owners and drivers by a team who understand the difference between a Tritium and Delta DC fast charger.
The EV Charging software that connects the EVUp network has been built from the ground up and in-house by our team in Melbourne.
EV network data security
The EVUp software ensures your EV charging data, and that of your customers, is stored and transmitted in accordance with Australian and New Zealand law, incorporating:
- PCI compliant transactions – all credit card transactions processed securely
- No data sent overseas ever – beware of some Charge Point operators who use store personal data on overseas servers
- Regular penetration tests by external consultants to ensure there’s no exposures
Creating our EV charger software in this way has allowed us to:
- Connect a growing network of EVUp EV charging stations across Australia & New Zealand
- Integrate with customer loyalty programs & apps
- Intelligently sync with onsite, self-generated renewable energy systems
- Provide strong customer-focused tech & troubleshooting support for site owners & EV drivers
Connect with us today and join the
fastest growing charger network in Australia and NZ.
If you’d like to know more about our EV charging software, we invite you to get in touch.
EVUp. Charge happy.
EVUp charging software is recommended for all sites installing AC & DC charging, including:
EVUp provides intelligent, integrated & connected electric vehicle charging solutions in all areas, regional & urban, across Australia & New Zealand.
We believe in accelerating EV uptake by providing attractive & family-friendly charging options in the places where people work, shop & play.
By raising awareness & understanding of EVs & how they work through visible charging stations, site owners can ease concerns about range anxiety & assist the transition to low-emission transport for cleaner cities & a brighter future.
EVUp are proud to offer Australian made AC & DC charging options…the only Australian EV charging network to do so.